Tuesday 11 June 2013

I want to play with Ronaldo- Suarez reveals

Luis Suarez has stoked up talk of a move to Real Madrid after admitting that he wants to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo.
The controversial striker rocked Anfield last month after revealing he wants to leave Liverpool, citing what he feels as unfair treatment from the media as a key reason behind his decision.
Real Madrid are known to be among Suarez's suitors with the La Liga giants also considering a blockbuster move for Tottenham's Gareth Bale this summer.
Luis Suarez
On the move: Luis Suarez pictured leaving Uruguay's hotel ahead of their game against Venezuela on Tuesday
On target: Suarez celebrates after scoring the only goal of the game against France last week
On target: Suarez celebrates after scoring the only goal of the game against France last week
And the Uruguay international, who scored the winner in his country's 1-0 win over France last week, has spoken of his desire to link up with the club's star man Ronaldo.
'Of course I would like to play with Ronaldo, he is a great player,' said Suarez ahead of Uruguay's World Cup qualifier against Venezuela on Tuesday.
'You never know, but it is complicated. 'At the moment he is in Madrid and I am in Liverpool and I do not know what is going to happen.'
Admission: Suarez would love to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo - the Portugal captain scored in his side's 1-0 victory over Croatia on Monday night
Admission: Suarez would love to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo - the Portugal captain scored in his side's 1-0 victory over Croatia on Monday night

Cristiano Ronaldo
Suarez, who was hit with a ten-match ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic, has however showed more contrition for his actions against the Chelsea defender.
'I know I made a mistake in the incident with Ivanovic - it was me, my fault, and he did not do anything to me,' Suarez added.
'I was angry because I had given away a penalty for handball. I was the reason for the penalty against my team - I saw red and completely lost it. 
'I can't really explain it and I am so sorry – but the reaction was amazing.'
Moment of madness: Luis Suarez was hit with a ten-match ban for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic
Moment of madness: Luis Suarez was hit with a ten-match ban for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic
Meanwhile, Liverpool will welcome new £7m striker Iago Aspas on Tuesday morning but face showdown talks over the future of defender Martin Skrtel.
Aspas, 25, will sign from Celta Vigo following a medical but Liverpool face a battle to keep Slovakian defender Skrtel.
His agent Karol Csonto will meet Liverpool next week but would-be suitors Napoli are reluctant to pay his £100,000 a week wages.
Csonto said: 'I will be in England next week to talk with Liverpool and define Martin's future

No comments:

Post a Comment