Friday 31 May 2013

It's time for a change! Suarez moves closer to Liverpool exit with Real ready to pounce for £40m striker

Luis Suarez looks to be heading out of Anfield after he said that now would be the right time for a change. The Liverpool striker has been heavily linked with a £40million move to Real Madrid, but has been quick to play down reports that he has already opened talks with the Spanish giants. But it does seem that his exit from England could be getting closer as he would not commit to staying at Anfield and blamed his treatment by the Press for his reasons for going. He said: ‘It's a good moment for a change of environment because of all I've been through in England.' He added: 'I do not know when I'm going and I do not know if I'm staying.' The striker was speaking at a news conference in his homeland ahead of Uruguay's friendly with France in Montevideo on June 5. Suarez, who was banned for eight games for racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra in 2011, added: 'I have only words of thanks to the club, the fans of Liverpool. 'But the treatment I received from the rest of England in recent weeks has been tough.'It (Liverpool) is a spectacular club, but they are aware of the way that the press treats me.' Suarez joined Liverpool in a £22.7m deal from Ajax in 2011. He scored 30 goals last season but missed the final two games of the campaign and will also miss the first eight games of next season after being found guilty of violent conduct for biting Branislav Ivanovic in April. Suarez has rejected reports in Spain that he has begun talks with Real but has reiterated his interest in a move to the Bernabeu. He said: 'It is normal that it is impossible to say no to big teams for which one always dreams. Yet I have nothing, I have not spoken with Real Madrid nor with Liverpool. 'My agent has not told me anything either and that leaves me alone, but they (the media) are speculating.’ Real president Florentino Perez signalled his club’s intent after being asked about speculation that a bid was imminent. He said: ‘Suarez is a great player, and I’m sure all the clubs in the world want him. I like him, but so do a lot of others.’ Though Liverpool will do their utmost to keep him, after awarding him a lucrative new four-year contract last summer, they are aware that he wants to see what Real have to offer and that they would be his club of choice, should he leave. They are not interested in a player-exchange deal, but, with a shortage of funds for manager Brendan Rodgers’s transfer requirements this summer, would welcome an injection of cash from any Suarez transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment