Monday 23 September 2013

So Sad - 19 year old Teenager, dies in her sleep while on family trip

A 'lively and caring' teenager died suddenly during a family trip to support her aunt in a charity triathlon.

Rosie Carter, 19, was found dead in bed after travelling with her family to the Welsh seaside town of Tenby to support her aunt in the Iron Man extreme triathlon.

Her mother Emma Carter-Desai, of Andover, Hampshire, said the loss of her eldest daughter had been 'a living nightmare'.

She said: 'She was gorgeous in every way. So loving to me - life will never ever be the same.

'She was the most loving sister and made me laugh. I cannot imagine our lives without her but can only hold on to our good times together.

'My heart is so empty but my family and my amazing friends are with me.

'Our house will never be the same. I have comfort in the fact she was with us all when she died and was happy with her life the way it was.'

Rosie's death, on September 8 has been referred to the Pembrokeshire coroner who will decide whether to conduct an inquest.

The cause of her death is currently unknown but her family has asked for any donations to go to Epilepsy Research UK.

In a tribute the family said: 'There is now a very lively angel in heaven. You will shine as the brightest star in the sky.

'You were a caring and beautiful daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin and a friend to many.

'In your short 19 years you have impacted positively the lives of so many and shall never be forgotten.

'If our love could have saved you, you never would have died. You would have lived forever.'

Heartbroken boyfriend Ryan Jones had to celebrate his birthday just a week after the shocking loss of his girlfriend.

He took to Facebook to say: 'I still can't make sense of what has happened but everyone around me has been there to talk and so supportive.'

Hundreds of shocked family and friends have paid glowing tributes to the Nottingham Trent University student on social network sites.

Best friend Jade White said: 'Her personality was so infectious. She's had the biggest impact on my life, so proud to call her my best friend.'

Another friend added: 'She was an amazing beautiful person inside and out who brought love, laughter and happiness into the lives of all who knew and loved her.

'She was a pleasure to know and my life is richer for knowing her.'

A celebration of Rosie's life was held on Wednesday at her local church in the village of St Mary Bourne, Andover.

No comments:

Post a Comment