Tuesday 2 July 2013

Why I Celebrated And Married My Wife In A Truck - Victor Osuagwu

Here is what actor Victor Osuagwu told Leadership magazine about his
wife and marriage.

Why did it take you almost 14 years before taking your wife to the altar?
Some people even said it was because I didn't have money to organise
the wedding. But to me, it was a deliberate act. It was a promise made
to God that when he blesses me I'm going to celebrate my marriage in a
very big way. I don't  owe my in-laws, everything about marriage was
done in 2002 but I promised God that if he keeps me alive by the time
my last born would be five years old, I would celebrate my marriage,
alongside my children. And that was exactly what I did immediately my
last born clocked five.
What motivated you to have your wedding in a truck?
That was my own way of entertaining people because the entertainment
must continue and that is my job as a comic actor. I must apply all
the tactics within my disposal to make my fans happy. It is not only
on screen that I can make people smile and laugh. I felt that I could
also achieve same without being on TV. I was using the occasion to
celebrate my wife having endured for a long time waiting for me. I
made my fans realise that I'm a core entertainer on and off the
screen. Port Harcourt knew that someone was wedding on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment