Saturday 1 June 2013

Shameless Suarez! Loyal Liverpool stood by him... now Suarez demands move to Real Madrid

Luis Suarez delivered a savage snub to the Liverpool management and their fans who have stood by him on Friday night when he admitted: 'I want to leave.' The controversial Uruguay striker cut through all the claim and counter-claim about his future in a brutally frank press conference before playing for his national team. And even though Liverpool responded by insisting they will not sell the 26-year-old, who is four games into a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic, he left little room for doubt. Scroll down for videos Real Madrid brinkmanship over the £40million fee may delay a move for a few more days, but Liverpool's fears about his intentions were confirmed when Suarez said: 'I think it's understandable that I leave. My reason for leaving is not the money. If it were the money, I would have left already. 'My main reason is my family and my image. The coach and my colleagues know that the press didn't treat me well. I don't feel comfortable any more. I couldn't go to my garden or the supermarket. I couldn't do anything. 'I know it is normal being followed by the press but it was too much. The straw that broke the camel's back (biting Branislav Ivanovic) was my mistake. I accept my fault, but they went too far. 'I don't have any offer yet, and I don't know when I will leave, but it is a good moment for a change of environment after all I have been through in England. 'I have only words of thanks to the club, the fans of Liverpool. It is a spectacular club, but they are aware of the way that the press treats me. It is normal that it is impossible to say no to big teams for which one always dreams. 'I have not spoken with Real Madrid nor with Liverpool, and my agent has not told me anything, either.' Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers admitted last week he feared he might face a battle to keep his star goalscorer, and the club are still digging their heels in and refusing to concede Suarez is bound for the Bernabeu after awarding him a lucrative new four-year deal last summer. A spokesman said: 'Luis Suarez is not for sale. The club remains supportive of Luis and expect him to honour his contract.' Spanish paper Marca reported that Real want Suarez to force the issue by officially asking for a move, thinking it might compel Liverpool to lower their price, but Anfield are unlikely to budge from a £40m asking price. It is believed there is a clause in the player's contract which would allow him to talk to any club that offer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment