Saturday 1 June 2013

QPR Goal-keeper Julio Cesar set to leave the club with Arsenal favourites to capture Brazil stopper's signature

Julio Cesar's agent has denied speculation the Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper has signed for Arsenal. Reports in Italy today suggested the Brazilian stopper, 33, had agreed a two-year-deal worth £4m a season, but agent Josias Cardoso moved quickly to deny a deal has been done. Nonetheless, Cesar is expected to leave Loftus Road following QPR's relegation to the Championship and he is settled in London, making Arsenal one of the favourites to sign him. Speaking ahead of Brazil's friendly with England on Sunday, a warm-up for the forthcoming Confederations Cup, Cesar told reporters: 'I want to stay in England. I am enjoying London and I love the Premier League.' He admitted that negotiations were ongoing with other clubs, but would not reveal where he will start the 2013-2014 season. 'There are indeed talks with some teams, but nothing definitive,' he told Globo Esporte. 'This is the Confederations Cup moment, I have to focus on doing good work for the national team. 'I won't name the teams as it would not be ethical since I am under contract with Queens Park Rangers. I let people responsible for my career deal with it.' Cesar made 26 appearances for QPR last season but was unable to prevent them sliding out of the Barclays Premier League.  

No comments:

Post a Comment