Thursday 6 June 2013

I am ready to claim my place back at Chealsea-Essien

Michael Essien says he is ready to claim his place in the Chelsea team having rekindled his love of football under Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid. The Ghana international linked up with his former manager, whom he jokingly calls 'Daddy', at Real Madrid last season having made only 10 starts for the Blues during the previous campaign. However, with the return of the 'Special One' to Stamford Bridge, Essien is keen to re-establish his Chelsea career having rediscovered his spark whilst on loan in the Spanish capital. 'If you ask me if I am back to that level then honestly I say yes. I have got my energy back and I feel I can do a job for the team again. It was important for me to play a lot of games and prove my fitness' said the former Lyon midfielder. 'Now I have, I am happy to play wherever is best for the team. I have got two years left . I have not spoken with Jose about my future yet so I will see if he wants me. When Mourinho wants me to do a job for him, I will do it.' Having played under a host of different managers since Mourinho's Chelsea departure in 2007, Essien firmly believes that the former Porto and Inter Milan boss is the right man to push the club on. 'He is a great manager and everybody is happy to have him back. Jose is the right man to take the club forward. It is good for him to be here and we will see what happens.'  

No comments:

Post a Comment