Friday 4 October 2013

Mourinho Hits Back At Critics, Says ‘I’m The Ultimate Champion’

Jose Mourinho has hit back at claims his teams are defensive and claims he has a "place in history" thanks to his records.

The Chelsea boss has been criticised for adopting safe tactics with his sides, but the Portuguese insists his records speak for themselves.

"My teams are great teams. My teams are the ones with all the goal records. I am the champion of the League of Records. That is my place in history," Mourinho said.

Mourinho secured back-to-back Premier League titles with Chelsea in 2005 and 2006, and won the '05 crown with a record 95 points. He also wrestled the La Liga title off Barcelona with Real Madrid in 2012 with a record-breaking side.

"Who is the manager of the best Real Madrid team in history? That is me," he said. "One hundred points, 121 goals, champion against the best Barcelona there ever has been. I am the one.

"Real Madrid was a defensive team? We scored 121 goals and got 100 points. My Chelsea was defensive? But they still have the Premier League points record.

"Sometimes a lie that is repeated a lot fools people into thinking it is true. Are my teams attacking? They are built to win. You have to be dominant to win more than not so that is what my teams try to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment