Monday 9 September 2013

I would have joined Arsenal for free-Ozil Reveals

Mesut Ozil claims he would have joined Arsenal for free and admits he lost the "transparency, trust and respect" at Real Madrid.

The Germany international sealed his deadline day switch to Arsene Wenger's side in a £40 million deal, signing a five-year contract with the club.

Ozil revealed that discussions with the Arsenal manager prompted him to consider his squad status at Madrid and influenced his move to the Premier League.

"In some way, that conversation flicked a switch in me and made me realise what I had lost at Madrid: transparency, trust, respect," Ozil told Die Welt.

"He [Wenger] told me exactly how he saw me, how he wanted to use me, what he expected of me."I can not do anything about the transfer fee. I would have come for free, too.

"Ozil, a club-record purchase for the Gunners, scored or assisted 108 goals in 159 appearances in all competitions for Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment