Saturday 6 July 2013

Rooney is staying at Manchester United, says Moyes

David Moyes has insisted striker Wayne Rooney is not for sale and will
remain a Manchester United player.
The 50-year-old attended his first press conference as Sir Alex
Ferguson's successor at Old Trafford and immediately faced questions
on Rooney's future at the club.
Despite refusing to state whether the player categorically asked to
leave the club, Moyes was adamant that the England international is
not for sale and is working well under his management.
"I'm sure it's a question on your lips and you couldn't wait to get it
out, but the fact of the matter is Wayne's not for sale," Moyes told
reporters.
"He's a Manchester United player and will remain a Manchester United
player. Let's not kid ourselves, he's a terrific player and he won't
be for sale.
"We've spoken several times and I'm saying whatever has happened
before has gone, we're working together now.
"I see a little glint in his eye at the moment. He looks happy, he
looks as if he's saying 'I'm going to knuckle down, I'm going to get
myself right' and I can only say I've been impress with how he's
done."

No comments:

Post a Comment