Wednesday 19 June 2013

Despite Being a Muslim I did not know how to pray-Mother of the Baby Born with Quran in Shasha Reveals

The mother of the baby, Kabirat Lamidi, a 32-year old hairstylist,
said right from the conception of the baby, she had been sick.

She said when the baby refused to come out after 11 months, she went
for a scan where it was shown that she had an object in the womb with
the baby.

The Ede, Osun State indigene who said she had been married for 10
years, said she was shocked to discover that few seconds after the
baby was delivered, she pushed out a Quran.

"I have been hearing about such incidents and I have always insulted
people thinking it could never happen. I believe it is a gift from
Allah," she said.

She said as a Muslim, she was not even dedicated and did not know how
to pray, expressing surprise that such an incident could happen to
her.

The mother of three said she had always given birth in the hospital
but that on this day, she went into labour so fast that she could not
move.

"My advice to people is that they should henceforth watch their mouth.
I didn't believe before now," she said.

Mrs. Saudat Olawuwo, a staff nurse with the Shasha Medical Centre who
assisted with the delivery, said she was called by neighbours when the
woman was in labour.

Mrs. Olawuwo with 17 years working experience, said the woman was
supposed to put to birth on 16 May, but it did not happen.

"By the time I came the day she was in labour, the baby was already
coming out. So I assisted her.
"After that, we were expecting the placenta, but the woman began
behaving like one about to run mad. I was so confused.
"The woman was shouting that she wanted to push again and all of a
sudden, the Quran, wrapped in nylon and stained with blood jumped out.
"Out of confusion, I ran out and called people who came to see. We
also called a Muslim cleric around the area who came and prayed for
the baby," she said.

Father of the baby, Luqman Lamidi, said he was in a drinking bar when
he was called and told that his wife had delivered a baby with a
Quran.

He said he did not believe until he came and saw the Quran covered with blood.

"I arrived home and saw a lot of crowd and could not even enter. In
fact, I am surprised that a drunk like me could produce a child that
came into this world with a Quran," he said, adding that he had become
a changed person.

Chief Imam of Oguntade, Shasha, Alhaji AbdulRafiu Opeloyeru Oyedokun,
said he was the one who tore the nylon from the Quran after he was
called to the place.

"When I came, people were still doubting if the object was a Quran or
not, so I tore the nylon with blood on it publicly and everyone
confirmed it."

As the yet to be named baby boy lay asleep, I noticed that each time
the Quran is placed on his chest, he consistently lifted his hands up
and would not drop the hands until the Quran is taken off.

No comments:

Post a Comment